The most important question a person could ever answer is:
“Am I going to Heaven when I die?”
While nobody wants to think about death, it is a reality for everyone; and for those who die without Jesus Christ, they face an eternity in a horrible place called Hell. Many people believe that if they are good enough or do enough good deeds, they will make it to Heaven…but that is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches that we are all born with a sinful nature and that the penalty for our sin is death; but God loved us so much that He sent His perfect Son, Jesus Christ, to die in our place as payment for our sins, and then rose from the dead on the third day in victory. He offers this free gift of salvation to anyone who will believe and trust in Him. All you have to do is follow this simple plan for salvation:
- First, you must recognize that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23 – “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”…“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
- Second, we must realize that sin has a very high price. God’s Word tells us that we are all sinners and that our sin must be paid for.
Romans 6:23 – “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Third, you must understand that God loved you so much that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to pay the price for your sin. The wonderful news is that He paid our sin debt in full on the cross of Calvary.
Romans 5:8 – “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Last, all you have to do is call upon the Lord and receive Him as your Savior today. You can know all the steps to salvation, but if you fail to trust God and receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, you will die without Christ and miss Heaven.
Romans 10:9 and Romans 10:13 – “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thought shalt be saved.”…“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- God made it simple to be saved. God loves us so much and He does not want anyone to die in their sin, so He gave us the free gift of salvation… all we have to do is receive his gift. If you want to be saved today, all you have to do is trust God and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Pray this simple prayer and mean it in your hear:
“Lord, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus paid the penalty for my sins when He died on the cross and rose again. I am coming to You by faith, trusting You with my life. Please forgive me for all my sin and come into my heart and save me. I accept today Your wonderful gift of salvation. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
- If you prayed this prayer and trusted Christ as your Savior, we sure would like to know about it. We would like to send you a free pamphlet about your decision for Christ and some information to help you as you begin your walk with God. If you are still unsure or have questions about your salvation, we want to help. Please go to our “contact us” page and let us know about your decision.