William Stephen Goforth was born in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, Rutherford County to the late John Morgan & Lucille Goforth.
- Served in the United States Air Force 4 years.
- Served during the Vietnam War.
- Attended school in Yokota, Japan & UCLA in California.
- Awarded Airman of the month.
- Received an Honorable Discharge in 1969.
- Saved February 17, 1974 at Miracle Baptist Church in LaVergne, Tennessee.
- Happily married 51 years to Sherri Armstrong Goforth and has three children, Richard Goforth, Stephenie Lopez and Katie Goforth. Three grandchildren.
- Business career Marketing and Sales for thirty years.
- Deacon and Sunday school teacher.
- Surrendered to preach in 1999.
- Served as Associate Pastor at Middle Tennessee Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- Graduated from Old Paths Bible Institute. Bro. Steve says, “He considers himself a young preacher in an old man’s body.” However, he is grateful after running for 14 years from the call of God—that he surrendered to God’s Will.
- Owned Katie’s Kitchen for 8 1/2 Years
- Pastor at Burt Baptist Church, Woodbury, Tennessee for 2 years. Started Fair Havens Independent Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee October 2003 until present.
- Serves on the board of Good Shepherd Children’s Home in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.